Transportation and parking
- Unlimited access to public transport (bus, tramway, busway, river shuttle)
- Airport shuttle: 1 round trip
- P+R park-and-ride facilities for 24 hours (consecutive).
- The TER regional train from Nantes to Clisson: 1 round trip (reservation online with a possible return until +1 day of the outward journey).
- Machines de l’Île: Carrousel des Mondes Marins or Galerie des Machines (annual closure between Christmas and winter french school vacations)
- Château des ducs de Bretagne: Musée d’histoire de Nantes with audioguide and temporary exhibitions.
- Nantes’ major museums and sites: Musée d’Arts, Musée Jules Verne, Museum d’Histoire naturelle, Planetarium, Tower Lu…
- The main museums and sites of “Voyage in the Vineyards” or Estuaire Nantes <> Saint-Nazaire: Château de Clisson, Château du Coing wine estate, Musée du Vignoble nantais, Escal’Atlantic in Saint-Nazaire, Grand Lieu lake house…
- Loire: “Escapade en Loire, de Nantes à Couëron” with Marine et Loire (July and August) or “Tour de l’Ile” with Bateau de l’Ile (May to November). Reservation required.
- Erdre: an “Erdre and its castles” themed cruise, or a “Bateau Ouch” (from May to September) with the Bateaux Nantais company. Another option is a cruise with Toue de Nantes “Journey to the Heart of Nantes” (from February 10th, 2024). Reservation required.
- City tours with a Voyage à Nantes tour guide (in french only) or audioguide rental (in 4 languages: French, English, Spanish, German),
- Le Petit Train ( 1 April to the end of September),
- The City Tour Bus (8 April to the end of December)
- Miniature golf “Petits Voyages Extraordinaires” (“Small Extraordinary Journeys”) (from 7 April 2023 to 5 November).
- A day-long bike rental with Détours de Loire (from April to September). No reservation possible, rental subject to availability on arrival at the agency. Possibility of knowing the state of stock by contacting the agency on 02 55 10 11 74 the day before, before 7 p.m.
- Two hours of canoeing with Ruban Vert ( from 25 March – no reservation possible) and Floating (from 1 April – reservation required).
Have a drink
1 free drink per Pass Nantes holder at these partner businesses, depending on dates and times (indicated below):
From October to March
- La Cigale, Place Graslin, 1 October to 31 March: a “Tout chocolat Celaya” – i.e., hot chocolate, with a slice of home-made cake. Service only from 3:30 to 6:00 PM
- Café du Musée, Musée d’Arts de Nantes, 1 October to 31 March: a glass of wine of the moment, water syrup, homemade iced tea, espresso coffee / or a homemade cookie. Service only from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
- Le Café de la Branche at Machines de l’Île, 1 October to 31 March: a 250 ml draft beer, a glass of Muscadet (wine from Nantes’ local vineyards), red: Chinon (wine from the Loire), rosé: Groleau (wine from Nantes’ local vineyards), 330 ml organic cider, iced tea, hot chocolate, or café viennois. Service only from 3 pm until closing time.
- The Little Atlantique Brewery in Chantenay, 1 October to 31 March: a Little Atlantique blond beer (250 ml) or soft drink of your choice (Breizh Cola, Breizh Tea, Breizh Citrus or flavoured water).
- La Guinguette, on the banks of the Loire in Trentemoult, 1 October to 31 March: a hot drink or orange juice. Service from 10 am to 10 pm.
- Magmaa bar, 14 October to 31 March : a draft local beer, glass of Muscadet white wine (from local Nantes wine producer), coffee or soft drink.
From April to September
- La Cantine du Voyage in Nantes, 13 April to 8 October : one drink from a selection of beverages.
- Station Nuage, Saint-Sébastien sur Loire, 14 April to 1 October : one drink from a selection of beverages. Served only from 11 am to 5 pm, 7 days a week.
- La Sablière, Sainte-Luce-sur-Loire, 28 April to 24 September : one drink from a selection of beverages.
- Mauves Balneaire, Mauves-sur-Loire, 28 April to 17 September : one drink from a selection of beverages.
- Guinguette de la Huchette, Château-Thébaud, 12 May to 15 September : one glass of Chapeau Melon (wine, red or rosé), Chemin des Prières (organic), beer from La Huchette (organic) or grape juice..
Details of opening hours for partner sites on the app or website.
Service cannot be provided outside indicated hours.
Advantages and discounts
The Pass Nantes allows you to get discounted rates and advantages (Le Voyage à Nantes stores, Galeries Lafayette Nantes, Jardin des Plantes…), details of partner businesses available on the app or on our website.
Estuaire Cruise (from 6 May to 19 October 2023)
- Loire: Estuaire Cruise Nantes > Saint-Nazaire or Saint-Nazaire > Nantes (one way) with Marine et Loire cruises
- TER (regional train) Saint-Nazaire > Nantes or Nantes > Saint-Nazaire, one way (with either an outward journey, or a return via the Estuaire Cruise). The complementary TER trip to the cruise must be taken on the same day as the Estuaire Cruise, between Nantes and St. Nazaire.
- On the website www.levoyageanantes.fr, or by phone at +33 892 464 044 (0.35€/min + cost of call), +33 (0) 272 640 479 (from abroad)
- At the Le Voyage à Nantes reception desk, 9 rue des Etats (in front of the Château des ducs de Bretagne) see the opening hours
- Through partner retailers: Nantes Airport, Nantes Camping, Saint-Nazaire Renversante, Clisson Tourist information center, and some hotels in Nantes Metropole region.
How to get it?
To purchase the dematerialized Pass, select the corresponding option during your order at the “Collecting mode” scrolling menu.
Once you have placed your order, you will receive a confirmation per email. This email cannot be used as an e-ticket.
The e-ticket will be sent to you within 2 hours of your reservation. You will receive an electronic ticket by email with the subject heading “Pass Nantes – Your Pass Nantes e-tickets”.
I did not receive my e-ticket, what should I do?
Check your spam or contact our staff, they will send it to you.
How does it work?
The Pass’ validity begins once the Pass is used for the first time in one of the partner venues. For example: a 48-hour Pass that is first used on 1 March 2023 at 10:00 am will be valid until 3 March 2023, 9:59 am.
Present the Pass at the entrance/reception/ticket office to each site/service.
Access is limited to one visit per site included in your Pass. However, you have unlimited access to public transport and to the Voyage à Nantes guided tours during the validity of your Pass.
After my online purchase, where can I collect my Pass?
3 possible choices when booking:
- Home shipping: guaranteed for any order made 7 days before your arrival from France, 15 days from abroad. Le Voyage à Nantes cannot be held responsible for delays, loss, or mail theft.
- Pick up at the Voyage à Nantes reception desk (9 rue des Etats – in front of the Château) upon presentation of the exchange voucher.
- Pick up at the Nantes airport reception desk upon presentation of the exchange voucher
Please note that the exchange voucher received at the end of your reservation cannot be used to access the services included in the Pass Nantes. Furthermore, if you have not chosen the dematerialized Pass, you must have a physical card to access the services included in the Pass Nantes.
- Why do I have to select a starting date of use of the Pass Nantes?
When purchasing a Nantes pass on the website, you must select a starting date of use via the calendar.
However, if you do not use the pass on that date, this will not affect the validity dates. This date is given as an indication only and the pass can be used or withdrawn at another date (in accordance with the terms of sale).
- What is a package ?
When you make a reservation, the term “package” appears on the screen because you have to select 1 ticket (= type of pass 24h/48h/72h/7d) + 1 collecting mode (=Dematerialised Pass/collection at Le Voyage à Nantes reception office/Airport counter/Home shipping)
The Pass Nantes is a card with a QRcode that you simply wave in front of a specially dedicated reader available in the places you visit. The Pass is activated once it is used for the first time in one of the partner locations.
When using public transport, it is compulsory to fill in the dates and times of use on the back of the card, or to associate the pass with the Pass Nantes app and activate the “Transport” button. The Pass must only be presented in the event of inspection (no need to stamp it).
In case of control in public transport, a pass not filled can result in a fine to pay to the TAN.
Parking for 24 consecutive hours in a park-and-ride (P+R) is included in your Pass.
For access (activation of the barriers), you must press the call button on the terminal at the parking lot entrance/exit.
(the Pirmil car park is no longer a P+R, the Goudy and Bourdonnières 2 car parks are closed)
No, unfortunately that is not possible.
It allows you to have up-to-date information in real time and follow your consumed services .
It’s possible to associate your pass to the app and get a better overview of start times, the remaining validity period, and more. Tutorial on associating the Pass Nantes and the app
Yes, the discounted rate for children aged 4 to 17, students under 26, and holders of a disability card.
For families with 2 adults and 2 children aged 4 to 17, opt for the Family Pass. This rate allows you to get a second child pass for free!
Children 3 years old and under do not need a card.
The card is valid for 24, 48, 72 hours, or 7 consecutive days. For example, if a 24-hour card is used for the first time at 2 pm on a Friday, it will be valid until 1:59pm on the Saturday.
The Pass’ validity is automatically calculated starting from the first time it’s used in one of the partner sites.
In order to calculate your savings, you can consult the rates charged by the different partner sites and compare.
Example of one day with a 24h Pass in summer:
TAN 24H transport ticket (€6.40), Château des ducs de Bretagne museum + audioguide (€11), cruise on the Erdre river (€15.50), City Tour bus (€12), Marine Worlds Carrousel (€9) for a total of €53.90 – All of these services are included in the Pass Nantes for €27.
Unlimited use of the entire TAN network, free transportation on weekends. Tramway lines 1, 2 and 3, the busway, Chronobus and buses, and the Navibus river shuttles.
No public transport on May 1st.
Round trip on the airport shuttle: validation of the trip on the Pass Nantes app is mandatory when boarding.
TER trains do not accept the Pass Nantes, except for a round trip between Nantes and Clisson (booked online, the return trip is possible up to 1 day after the outward trip, upon presentation of your pass during the control in the train).
Exclusive to the 7-Day Pass : a one-way trip between Nantes and Saint-Nazaire or Saint-Nazaire > Nantes, in addition to an Estuaire cruise on the same date (booked online, upon presentation of the 7-Day Pass and the Estuaire cruise reservation, during the control in the train).
Yes, some services are subject to reservation because the number of places is limited (City Tour, Erdre Cruise, Bateau Ouch, guided tours, audioguide, Estuaire Cruise*, cruise with La Toue de Nantes, cruise with Marine et Loire, cruise “Tour de l’Ile” with Bateau de l’Ile).
Contact our Voyage à Nantes advisors after purchasing your Pass Nantes, with your booking reference number starting with 1001……
*only included in the 7-Day Pass
Your tickets will then be available for download on your personal account on our website.
- Visit to the Planetarium requires a reservation with their staff at +33 2 40 73 99 23.
- Visits to St. Nazaire must be booked with St. Nazaire Renversante at +33 2 28 54 06 40.
- Canoe-kayak rental must be booked with Floating at +33 7 68 71 86 20 (from April to October).
- Visits to Moulin à Papier du Liveau (Liveau Paper Mill) must be booked on https://www.lemoulinapapierduliveau.com/reservez-vos-billets/
- Visits to the Musée d’Arts’ temporary collection can be booked online at https://museedartsdenantes.nantesmetropole.fr
- La Garenne Lemot, guided tours must be booked at +33 2 40 54 75 85
- Le Château de Clisson must be booked on +33 2 40 54 02 22 (closed in January)
- Guided tours of Clisson can be booked by calling +33 2 40 54 02 95 (in July and August)
- Visits to the estate and the cellars of Château du Coing (April to October) must be booked 48 hours in advance, by calling +33 2 40 54 02 03 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org (departure is subject to a minimum number of participants)
- Visit to La Maison du Lac de Grand-Lieu must be booked at + 33 (0)2 28 25 19 07
- Le Château de Chateaubriant, guided tours must be booked at +33 2 40 28 20 20
The Pass does not allow you to skip the line.
No, you can only access once to each site included in your Pass. On the other hand, access is unlimited for public transportation (except for the Airport Shuttle: one round trip only) during the validity of your Pass.
Yes, we offer various walking tours of the city. Check out our Guided Visits program (in french only). With the Pass Nantes, you can take as many tours as you want. Just don’t forget to book!
Some sites have a weekly or seasonal closure. Find details and opening hours of the sites on the Pass Nantes app, or on our website.
Important information for Machines de l’Île: annual closure between the Christmas and winter french school vacations.
Yes, if the Pass has not yet been used.
If the Pass Nantes has been sent by mail, the refund will be made upon receipt of your Pass Nantes by our services at the following address : Le Voyage à Nantes, BP 92211, 44022 Nantes Cedex 1 FRANCE. The cancellation must be made through our call center.
You can also keep your card and use it before the expiration date (mentioned on your voucher) or give it to a relative to use.
No, in case of theft, loss, damage to the card, partial use, closure or exceptional unavailability of a partner site, the Pass Nantes is not refundable. Le Voyage à Nantes will not be held responsible.
No, this offer is reserved for individual visitors and is not adapted to groups. Le Voyage à Nantes groups’ department is at your disposal to book your visits, to advise you on a theme, and to organize a stay in Nantes. Contact them by phone at +33 2 40 20 60 11, or by email at: email@example.com.
Yes, you can buy it and offer it to someone. However, it is necessary to buy one card per person and to be able to justify the same rate as the pass purchased.