The "beurre blanc" sauce is the emblematic recipe of the Nantes region. It goes very well with fish.
Recipe from M. Gueho, restaurant l’Atlantide, 1 star Michelin.
Ingredients: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 10 shallots
- 2 teaspoons of wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of muscadet wine
- 2 tablespoons of double cream
- 500 gof half-salted butter
- ground black pepper
- Finely chop the shallots
- In the frying pan, boil together the shallots, the vinegar, the muscadet and the ground black pepper.
- Leave it on a low heat and then slowly let it reduce.
- Add the double cream and bring it back to the boil.
- Mix in the cold butter cut in pieces.
- Whisk the butter energetically into the sauce. Keep it warm over a low heat.
- The “beurre blanc” sauce is served with the shallots, and goes very well with a hake or a pike…
Please note: In the culinary tradition of Nantes, the “beurre blanc” requires no cream, but the trick to make it more stable is to add cream.
The Culinary Journey
A food-lover’s paradise
Between Brittany and the Loire
At the crossroads where the land meets the sea