By skateboard, rollerblades, or kick scooter…
Selection of a few spots
Skate culture is alive and well in Nantes! Usable paths or skateparks, shops and specialized stores make it easy and pleasant for all to get around on a skateboard, skates, or even both!
- An open-air skatepark just steps away from the city centre – Place Alexis-Ricordeau, near the university hospital
- The Hangar Skatepark : a skatepark run by an association that is stretched out over 5 300 m², open to skateboards, rollerblading, BMX and kick scooters – 9 Allée des Vinaigriers (Paying access)
- Skatepark du Parc Floral de la Beaujoire : several objects like curbs, slide rails…
- Skatepark rue Paul Nizan (steps and inclined planes)
Skatepark quai Paul Doumergue, created in the summer of 2017, with a bowl, Parkour space, fitness equipment, volleyball and badminton courts
- Every Thursday evening, the “rando-rollers” (“skate-trekkers”) take you on a guided stroll through different parts of downtown. It’s free and allows you to drift down the city’s streets in total safety along a marked circuit. It starts every Thursday evening at 8:30 pm at Place Alexis-Ricordeau (next to the skatepark and CHU Hospital).